Deadline for Turning In Signatures: 4/20/2016
Please Watch this Instructional Video First
Remember to print both pages on one sheet of paper.
Be careful, each petition is for a specific county.
Registered voters from that county must only sign for that county.
Additionally, we are including a PDF version of the key points of the video below.
Thanks for helping us get MCLR on the 2016 Ballot.
DOWNLOAD PETITON HERE:
ALL INFORMATION ON THIS PETITION MUST BE FILLED OUT BY HAND WITH BLACK OR BLUE INK.
PENCILS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
USING A TYPEWRITER OR PRINTER TO PRE-FILL THE FORMS IS NOT ALLOWED.
1. Print the PDF and set Page Scaling to “NONE” or on some versions set to “Actual Size”.
2. Your settings will be different, these examples might be similar to what you have, some settings will have an option for auto rotate and fit, or auto center depending on your Adobe reader version and printer model.
a. Center the print left to right (make sure the text has equal blank space on both side edges)
b. Make sure there is at least a one inch blank space at the top.
c. The Form has a ruler at the bottom of page 1 to verify these settings were done correctly.
3. Print only the first page, (change the default setting from “Print All” to “Print Current Page”).
4. Place a standard tape measure or ruler along the bottom of the page. If the printed ruler and the actual ruler are a match, then the settings are configured correctly and you can print as many as you wish.
5. Choose 8.5 x 11 and also remember to print both sides. (Duplex printing may be an option) The signature boxes will be on one side and the text of MCLR on the other side.
This is required for every sheet.
6. Group your petitions for each county that people will be signing for. Each voter must sign ONLY for the county that they are registered in. They cannot sign for any other county.
7. Print the name of the county that this form will be used for, on the line above the signature blocks
1. The signer MUST PRINT their name on the first line.
2. On the line right below their printed name, they MUST SIGN their name.
Tell them for their signature to count, they must sign ONLY above the line and NOT allow their signature to go outside of their boxed area or below the line. This common mistake could make the next persons signature invalid so PLEASE write only in the box.
3. Signers then go to the line to the right of their printed name and write their street address as it appears on their voter registration.
Please remind signers that they must use their voter registration address on this form. Their signature will not count if the address they use does not match their voting address.
4. Finally, drop down to the line directly below and finish by filling in the City and Zip code.
5. If a voter signs outside of their box, ask the next signer to skip that box and go to the next one below to ensure their information will be valid.
You Cannot: CORRECT OR ADD ANYTHING TO A VOTER SIGNATURE, DO NOT CROSS OUT ANY ERRORS, EVEN IF THEY ARE OBVIOUS.
You as the petition circulator must complete the “Declaration” section at the bottom of every form.
The dates the signatures were filled in (start and end dates), and the date it was completed.
Be sure to fill these out completely, or the signatures on the sheet will not count.
1. A circulator must be 18 years old
2. The circulator PRINTS their name, directly under the “DECLARATION OF CIRCULATOR” section
3. On the very next line below, the circulator prints their Address, City, State and Zip code.
4. The circulator then writes the date they collected the first of these five signatures .
5. The circulator then writes the date the last of the five signatures was collected.
6. Finally the circulator then goes to the bottom of the form and writes the month, day, year place of signing, City, State and Signature.
7. You do not need to have all five signatures to turn in the petition. Any amount, 1 – 5 can be turned in.
ONCE YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE SIGNATURE FORMS, MAIL THEM IN A STURDY MAILING ENVELOPE OR BOX TO:
2059 Camden Ave. # 102
San Jose, CA 95124